A saying goes “Rock is harder than water. But water cuts through a rock over time due to persistent flowing.” This is normally a motivational quote encouraging persistence. But today I want you to look at it from a different angle.
Little things that seem insignificant happen every day. And we normally don’t pay attention to them because they seem to amount to nothing. Think about your vehicle’s body. Seemingly unimportant things happen over time that compound into quite some damage to your vehicle. This explains why a car doesn’t look new forever.
Having set the tone for this article about minor body damage, let’s move on to how they happen and what can be done about them.
- Shopping Carts: A shopping cart gets away from you and bumps into your bumper or side door, someone forgets to take their cart back and it rolls into your vehicle, or you bump into a cart someone has carelessly left in a parking space, and now you’re left with a scratch or small dent. Don’t just live with it, bring it in to our technicians who can fix it up in a jiffy and your car will be looking great once again. No one will ever know that you and a shopping cart collided.
- Children: Kids love to play with balls, Frisbees, sticks, rocks, and bats. Don’t obsessively tell your children to keep backing away from the car when playing in the yard. Most children’s toys won’t do much damage, so as long as it’s not a window breakage, we can help you in no time. Neighbor kids throwing a ball over the fence by accident or your children not listening to you will never cause you financial distress again with our body work. Reasonable prices and us working with insurance will keep your baby looking great.
- Hail and other Weather: Heavy wind can break branches and leave your car with dents or scratches. Hail can leave your car looking like an acne scar ridden teen or a chicken pox victim, so Sams is here to help return your car to a smooth finish with dent and paint repairs. Don’t let bad weather freak you out because many insurance companies will let you claim acts of nature on your insurance, decreasing your cost.
- Road Debris: Driving down a highway or freeway behind a garbage truck or dump trucks can be stressful. Not only can debris come out of those open topped trucks and blind you, but it can sometimes cause damage to the body of your car. Sometimes you’ll be driving along the road and another vehicle will kick up some gravel or chunks of road, and if they don’t crack your window they can dent door panels, trunks, hoods, and more.
- Minor Collisions: From fender benders to parking lot taps or overcompensating and backing up or pulling forward more than you should have, small dents, bumps, and paint transference can happen easily and put a major damper on your mood. It can be difficult to get these covered by insurance, but whether you can or not, the cost will not put you in the hole.
Keep checking back to Sam’s Auto Body for tips, tricks, and information about our services and auto body work in general. Keep us in mind the next time you need any body work done!